Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Ragtime Friends

My Ragtime friends and I have officially parted ways. :( When rehearsals first started I thought, "Oh, I'm not going to make any friends, I'm too old to make friends." I felt like since I was no longer single that I couldn't really make friends. Once your married you kind of feel like all of you friends need to be in the form of couples. Plus I made most my friends by making out with them and since I'm happily married that wasn't an option, not to mention a significant number of the men are gay.

Anyway. To my dismay I made many great friends. One of my favorites was even 12 years old! Can you believe it? A 12 year old that can communicate at an adult level. The other 12 year old acted like a 12 year old. So to my cute Shelby, I miss you.

Here are some pictures of my friends.
This is Diana, Kasja (cool name), Carson (I carpooled with her), Kurt (Oh how I love Kurt. We came to America together and he later saved me during possible gunfire. Who could ask for a better friend), me, and Ashley (aka the cute pregnant lady who could dance WAY better than any of the non-pregnant people).


This is me and Amber. She is very cute and we all think that she looks like Arial from the Little Mermaid. She is dating a very sweet 6'5" guy from the show (Brandon). They are very cute together.

Then there is Laura, very cute and funny! This was her first show ever. When people came to see her she laughed through the entire show, but when no one was watching she was a superstar! I hope to keep in contact with her. She is a dietitian and told me if I wanted to eat cake that I could eat cake. How could you not love someone who tells you to eat cake!


And of course I have to mention my crush, Jon. Isn't he cute? Okay he is way cuter with his normal hair and then when you add his amazing voice to the mix he is very cool! Plus on closing night he said to me, "I just have to tell you, I think you are a hidden gem. You are so talented and funny." It totally made my week!

Oh, oh, and then there is Sean. In a scene when we say "Strike" a bunch of times he would pretend to be bowling. He made me laugh every show. That's Karli in the back she is very nice and WAY too in love with Kira Delay (spelling), he is 72 years old, Karli is 19. Love Karli!

There are so many others that I miss but don't have pictures of. Kandyce is going to China to be in Aieda. She and Ann are so sweet and are great examples to me. They are both people that you just want to be around because their spirits are so strong. Anyway it was so fun to be on stage again and I hope I can do it again soon. I'm so glad I had so many talented people to work with!

No comments: