Friday, November 7, 2014

My Mom update *January 29th 2014*


On January 29th I took my mom to the dentist. As she sat in the chair and I talked to the dentist about dentures or implants I couldn’t help but notices that she looked like a little child. Over the previous week or so I had been feeling that it was time to re-evaluate her living situation. On the way home I spoke with Blake about her dental care and he said, “Maybe it’s time we revisit the alternative.” in reference to her moving in with me. We had been trying to take turns caring for her and keep her in her home as long as possible. Nicole lived in the basement apartment and was checking on her daily and taking care of her pills. Eric was stopping by to visit every couple of weeks. Evan was calling each Tuesday. She was staying at Blake’s house Tuesday nights. Spence was coming in on Thursday’s and working at her house and eating lunch with her and I was visiting every Friday. Her blood sugar is all over the place just like her mind and her eating habits are horrible. After I got Sam and Liv down for their naps I had my daily devotional which always starts with a prayer. Let me preface this with the fact that I have previously thought about her moving in but this was the first time I FELT she should. I asked Heavenly Father if it was time for her to move in and I was overcome with a tremendous amount of peace. As I moved on to read the scriptures I couldn’t focus.  I could only think about the logistics of how to make space for her in my home. Then I thought we could get rid of baby clothes because we wanted (and have) four children. So again I prayed, asking the Lord if our family was complete and a feeling of total panic came over me. So…more sweet spirits for us. As I tried to focus again on reading I could not. I closed my eyes and saw Stephanie’s silhouette. I felt her happiness and there was a spirit with her. I felt that it was a girl. I also felt that Stephanie’s job is to help spirits find the right families. Anyway, Sam wouldn’t   sleep. I had locked his door and he had turned the light on. I wanted to give up on his nap. I was told to trust the Lord and leave the door closed (I had also prayed that he would sleep because he had been sick). So I listened. About a half hour later I opened the door and Sam was sound asleep in his bed. I felt that the Lord was giving me immediate “proof” that all that had been impressed on me that day was true.  That night I asked Steven to pray about 2 things, if my mom should move in and if our family was complete and if my mom should move in. He groaned about the complete family part. I think he already knew the answer. His response for my mom was that it was up to me and my brothers and that she would not be a burden. His answer for the other was that he feels like if we are financially able that we should have another child. I had re-prayed and got the impression that I knew my answer so to stop asking. Then I began to pray for my brothers to be open to the idea. I had planned to call Blake Friday morning (the 31st). Around 8:30am Friday morning I got an unexpected call from Eric. My mom had called him Thursday night very confused. He was concerned and he finally got what the rest of us had been concerned about.  I told him about my prayer and the peaceful feeling and his response was, “Well that’s good enough for me Bec.” Then I called Blake who was also very open to the idea. I was feeling the answers to my prayer to have my brothers’ hearts softened. I was worried Spence would be a hard sell so Evan was next. He seemed Sad. He said that because he doesn’t live close that he would have to trust our judgment. Then on to Spence and his response was, “I had been meaning to talk to you about this.” We feel that none of us are able to care for her like we should. So we set up a meeting for February 3rd to plan out the details. Darren (a guy who Steven works with) has a construction business and they have a couple of months open so we would like to start renovating as soon as we can. I don’t think that is a coincidence that he has available time. I have been praying for my mom that we can present this to her in the best way.

No comments: