Saturday, September 10, 2016

August 2014

August 3rd
I am a child of God came up on my Sunday play list. Sam said, "Mom! That's I Am a Child of God! Daddy! That's my favorite song!" Proud that I'm raising a boy who knows he is a child of god.
 
August 4th
Our neighbor Dwayne Madray coaches Jordan High schools little league football and has been trying to recruit Max as his receiver. Max went today to check it out because he really wants to do it. It is a huge commitment. Practices and games won't leave him much time to play with friends. I was sure he would hate it. I was wrong. He loved it. Telling him he can't play with friends on practice days didn't even phase him. He came home early because it started pouring rain. 
August 6th
T4 Sam at Classic fun center. He moved his wrist band all the way up so it would be still and plugged his ears when it would get too loud.
 
August 11th 
There is a red sport car for sale down the street. Everybtime we would see it Sam would say, "Mommy, me want to buy that red car to drive it."
 
The kids made new chore charts. I thought I'd make it more exciting by letting them paint them.




I put two pocket protectors on them. One said, "to do" and the other said, "done" and put 3x5 cards in theme.  It was successful for about a year.  There was also a clip at the top. I had each of the kids think of an affirmation for the school year and we clipped it on top.  Max's affirmation was, "I am a mathematical genius" and believe it or not, he started feeling much more confident in math and his grades improved. Elese's was, "I am surrounded by great friends" and sure enough, she had great friends that year in school.  Sam's was, "I am super" and was and is still quite super.



 
August 13th
Max needs a new bike. He is getting too tall. We were on a walk and there were some young girls walking a dog. Max kept trying to look cool and nonchalant by riding with one hand. Then he tried to move over to let them pass and crashed into the fence. I love our sweet awkward boy.
Cute Olivia
Being naughty and standing up in her high chair.
Driving Sam's car.

August 18th
About a month ago we switched from reading the Book of Mormon to the children's Book of Mormon stories. Sam usually runs off and does his own thing but the other kids love sitting with Daddy and reading.
 
 
Olivia seems to never get enough to eat. She eats more than Max even with his added appetite because of football. Apparently she was still hungry after breakfast.
 
I took the kids on a before back to school kid day. Went to the farm after the chiropractor. Sam wanted to see the ducks first. Liv said "du!" And pointed to the ducks. 
 We got smoked out by the black smith, who Max thought was pretty cool,
Looked at the bunnies,
and Max rocked my dad's old solar powered fan hat.
After the farm we went to Hires for lunch with Grandma. Liv kept handing me her plate when she wanted more food.

August 19th
Sam: "These your puffs?" Me: "no, they are my breasts." Sam: "Oh, you have big ones. Me have little ones."

The other day I was eating a yummy watermelon/mint ice breaker when Olivia looked at me and said, "Awwww" just the way I do to her when she puts a non-food item in her mouth. Then I reach in and grab the said, non-food item and throw it away. So to appease her I said, "Awww" and she proceeded to reach her fingers in my mouth, grab my mint and then she ate it. Silly smart girl. She loves food. 
 
August 20th
First day of school. Kids both really like their teachers. 
Max got the teacher he wanted and thinks she's pretty.
Elese is happy Caitlin isn't in her class but still played with her at recess. 
 I was looking forward to a little more calm and free time but filled my time up with things I'd been outing off (paying bills etc). I went on a walk with Sam and Olivia, and we played outside and inside. 
 
Crock pot dinner made things run much smoother. A office aid (I think) transferred from Sandy to Lithia's school. She asked Lithia if she was related to Max and then told Lithia "he is a smart kid!" Sam starts preschool tomorrow...
 
August 21st
When asked by the big kids about pre-school Sam would get mad. Yesterday he asked if I could go with him and was upset when I said, "No." He has been talking about it and his backpack. This morning he wanted to get dressed and ready and was wearing his backpack. We had to take Max something he forgot so we were a little rushed. We got home, combed his hair, took a picture and then started walking. 
I had to run a bit so we wouldn't be late. When we got there everyone was outside. Ms Natalee said, "Hi, Sam!" He didn't respond so I told him to say hi and he shyly, but happily said, "Hello." I helped him out of the stroller and have him a hug and kiss. Miss Natalee said, "Come on. Let's go to preschool!" Sam followed the other kids. I was thinking, "Wow! That went really well." The I noticed they weren't going inside. From what I could see Sam was sitting on the step not wanting to go in. Natalee picked him up and the crying/screaming began. Fortunately he didn't seem to start a chain reaction with the other kids. He kept looking at me wanting me to save him. Poor guy. I'm sure he'll have a blast once he gets feeling more comfortable.

Sam was happy when I picked him up and I was told he stopped crying as soon as they got into the preschool room. He made a cute Sam Magnet. 
 He drew a picture of himself and said his favorite color is red and his favorite food is watermelon. After preschool we went to the chiropractor. He said he was tired but just wanted to watch his movie and eat fruit snacks. He didn't fall asleep. It's been weeks since he has napped. I had to put my foot down and he finally slept. When he woke up he was in a GREAT mood. I was trying to hint at the fact that he is happier when he takes a nap. I said, "Wow! Sam. You are so happy! I wonder why." His response was, "Me go to preschool and get happy. Me cry first but now me happy because me go to preschool for lots of days." I think he's changed his tune and is going to love preschool. He even talked to my mom about it. Sam sure does love that Abby. When I asked about his friends at preschool he said, "Me no have friends there. Abby not go to my preschool."
 
August 22nd
Sam filled his car up with "gas".
 August 23rd
Olivia is trying to be more independent.
 I made a random decision to audition for the marvelous wonderettes. Because of my recent hair cut I needed a new head shot. I stayed for call backs but didn't end up making it. It was fun to prepare a monologue (Beatrix from Promady) and audition again. I need/want to preform more.
August 24th
Susan and Steve came to drop off Abby for college. Sam was quite taken with Julyn. He said, "Who are you?" she said, "I'm your cousin Julyn." Then Sam said, "I'm going to hug you now." Every time he saw her he would give her (and only her) a big hug.
Olivia loved anyone one who had food. She was reluctant to be held by anyone until they started feeding her fruit.
August 26th
AYL Season finale at East Canyon Reservoir.

Sam kept begging to go on the boat. Once we were all climbing on he flipped out. My mom came so he stayed with her. I was a bit worried that he would run off and be difficult. My mom was no longer someone I trusted to babysit so I was pretty stressed and kept looking to shore to see if he was ok.  Steven and I needed to have a tubing competition so we had to go film so I had to leave him with my mom. Olivia did quite a bit of whining. Max and Elese were having a blast. Keith drove us in his boat. Darren and Jill surfed. Jaden jumped in the water so Max and Elese wanted to also. They both kind of freaked out. They aren't used to life jackets so they were scared that they would not hold them up. I totally get it, I've been there. Then it was our turn. I held on as tight as I could. Steven wanted to have me fall off the last time bit I begged him not to so he didn't knock me over. It was fun, cold, and a very aggressive deep tissue treatment on my behind. Jill and Jaden took care of Olivia. Then we had a picnic. Sam and grandma stayed in the car to stay warm and grandma drew pictures for him. Alisha announced that she is pregnant. We has a picnic and then finished a couple more shots. Now we are on our way home. Everyone had a good time. Sam climbed on the rocks with Reese Stein and Steven took a pic with his phone. I didn't take any pictures.
 
Elese wrote a book for Liz, my chiropractor's office manager.  
August 30th
Max's first official football game. (They had a pre-season game the week before and crushed them) 
This is Max killing his jersey at his pre-season game.
There was a kid that went to Dwayne's summer camp and then went to play for corner canyon. This kid (and his uncle who had "volunteered" to help Dwayne) knew all Jordan's plays and so they were crushed. It was a hit of humility because last week Max said, "No other teams have a chance. We are so good."
 
 August 31st
David and Tyler got in town just after Susan left. They left sat morning an David got here sat night. Sunday we went over and Max was so excited to see Tyler. 
 Steven and I enjoyed visiting with David. Sam was a chatter box and loved talking to David one minute and throwing a huge fit the next. Olivia was also very cranky.
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: