Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Valentines Day! *February 13th-15th*

Steven had a shoot come up for the weekend of Valentines day so Tyler arranged it so I could tag along. Hailey was still around and hadn't quite left for her mission yet so she babysat for us.

Steven, Olivia, Tyler, his friend Ryan and I left from Tim and Lithias around 4:00. We got to Lehi to fill up for gas when Tyler realized he forgot his wallet (or so he thought). So we drove back to draper and waited for Laura to bring it.  It turned out it was his old wallet with nothing in it. Tyler did not share this information with us and seemed a bit crabby. We had a good time together driving. Liv had a blow out which upped the excitement of the drive. Ryan is a t4 so I enjoyed his sense of humor.  We arrived in Cedar a little after 8pm, dropped some stuff off at Alisha's hotel, and met Maria and Jim with Cedar travel for dinner at a steak house. Then we went to our hotel. It wasn't super fancy. There was hair on the wall in the shower and someone's takeout in the fridge. Also the washcloths were stained with mascara. In the middle of the night we heard some guys screaming. Liv didn't sleep great so I sent Steven to the other bed so she could sleep with me.

We woke around 6:00am (valentines day) and showered and tried to enjoy our crappy complimentary breakfast but opted for McDonald's and met at Alisha's hotel (she did some research and found herself a nicer hotel...I kind of wish I'd done the same :-/). We did a story about Steven and I going to see Dino tracks.
 They were cool. It was fun to think about what they were up to when they made their tracks. Then we did some jeeping down a wash which I loved. We did some interviews & Stand ups...

...then we did wraps. We had a picnic.
 This is where Tyler informed is that Laura brought his old wallet and his actual wallet was stuffed in his shoe in the car the entire time. After that we went on a boat ride. Liv didn't like her life jacket but eventually fell asleep.
 Then we went to the sand dunes for some ATVing. We were waiting for someone so Steven and I went for a ride while Tyler and Ryan watched Liv and met us up there with her. It was a beautiful view and nice to just be us for a minute.

While Steven filmed, Liv and I played in the sand. We had lots of fun playing together.
 When we finished up we went to Saint George to get the set for Geek Report. We finally got back to our hotel nice and tired. We then ventured out to find our Valentines day dinner. After trying a pizza place that had an hour and a half wait we went to a cafe instead. It was pretty good. Then we went back to the hotel for the night.

Saturday morning I slept in while Steven went to film. Liv and I ate yogurt we had purchased the night before and  watched TV. I showered a d tried to get her to take a nap. At noon we had to wait in the lobby so they could clean our room. Steven finally called and said they were on their way and also mentioned that he jumped off a waterfall into shallow water and sprained his ankle. He spent the rest of the time limping around and it took him a while to recover. On the bright side Ryan was filming him when it happened and it was kinda funny to watch.  Then Steven picked me up and we met everyone else at a pizza cart. It was yummy and fun to eat on the side of the road. Then we rushed home (again, enjoyed visiting) so I could go sing a solo at stake conference. The kids did great for Hailey. Sam had his moments that he was sad but would quickly cheer up. They were all in need of extra love but we had to go to conference. I felt a little bad a bout that. It was great just going and having fun together. Normally I would have been chasing kids and keeping them safe but instead I got to hold Steven's hand and explore and my only concern was keeping Liv's tummy full and her diaper not.  Also, trying to keep the sand out of her mouth. It was a fun time and I'm glad we were able to make arrangements for the other kids so we could go.

No comments: